Monday, November 26, 2007

Thankful to Ride


What a great ride ! The day before Thanksgiving we rode up in the Verdugo Hills to the top of Burbank Peak to enjoy the sunset and have a few drinks to be thankful. Mr. Osgood, Mr. Margoway, Mr. Barry , and my brother. The Long Island Ice Tea my brother brought was a good chaser to my Mammoth Brewery Double Nut Brown. Wild Turkey was flowing also. The sun went down and the moon came up which was a delight because I had no lights, bombing downhill in the glow of the moon while having a really good buzz is really fun. Not being able to see dips and bumps is just like turbulance in an aircraft. Senses come alive. Was that a mountain lion or a bush ? The alchohol is taking effect. Just stick to the hillside and go with the flow. Enjoy it.
We are all Thankful to be healthy enough to enjoy riding our bikes in the hills. Thankful to have friends and family to share these special moments. This ride goes down in the Archive of Great Rides with the likes of Jim Roff, Chris, Christie, Jay, and others that have made a lasting impression in my memory bank.



My brother with the San Fernando Valley in the back.


Of Wolf and Man... AWWOOOO!!!


1 comment:

Sharpie said...

Great pics..the one of your bro w/the Valley's lights below is great. I was thankful to ride yesterday, as today it is supposed to snow by nightfall.