Tuesday, March 28, 2006

2006 Season Goals


Mary McConneloug @ Mammoth National Championships
Pic by : Greg "Negro" Pleis

Goals for the 2006 Race Season

1. Not to compete in more than 10 races. ( 20 races in 2005) Sorry Chris , I'm still tired.

2. Finish every marathon/endurance race entered. And that means "no-matter-what". Let it be a broken frame or a pulled Spiro T. Agnew muscle, NO DNF!

3. Enter a XC race with my Specialized BigHit Freeride bike. Thats 8 inches of travel with a triple-crown fork. 48 pounds , 2.5 tires, and alot of goodness!

4. Complete the "six-pack" at Firestone Walker Santa Barbara endurance race. If it wasnt hard enough to complete the whole 70 miles (6 laps), gotta chug a bottle of Firestone Walker Double Barrell Ale each lap. Thanks to Shortstack on that one.

5. SINGLESPEED !! At select Rim Nordic races, enough said about that. In memory of Jimbo.

6. Pedal to the top of Mammoth Mountain from the village (11,052 ft.). Who would like to join me? Thought so.

7. To have the meanest, toughest, loudest cheering section on the race course for the blokes racing. All must be wearing Futbol jerseys and yelling "Hooaahhh" . Drums are a plus. Air horns are welcomed. Beer is recommended.

8. Have Beer Pong tourneys @ select venues.

9. "Water-wars" during the races. I will be free-game for any other racer or spectator during my race. But you better watch out, I could strike back. Chris, no hiding behind Greg !

10. To have a great time , enjoy the races, drink the carbs, and dance the good-time-dance with the peeps!

6 comments:

Sharpie said...

Could not agree more! Let the water wars begin, and Greg will certainly be used a human shield..no doubt!
Can't wait to get to Firestone, because I will drink at each of ypur laps, too! Jimbo's single speed action will be properly commemorated by the Fuzziest...and I will join you on your ascent to the summit of Mammoth! I may be in the chair lift, or it may be the following day, but I will join you!

Cap'n Chris

JIMBO said...

2006 Goals
Not to hang out with you bitches all season...HA HA just playin' I miss you peeps all ready..
I found a road climb here...17 miles to 16,000 ft anyone care to join me? thought so..

Fuzzy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fuzzy said...

Haha I deleted my own comment, dumbass!

Jimbo! I was under the assumption Mt. Whitney was the tallest peak in the continental US at 14,494ft.Is there something we dont know about here in Cali ?
So how does it feel to live at high elevation ? Kick my ass on that 17 mile road climb. Not like you didnt here at sea level. ASS! Miss ya foo, holler at your boy!

Chris! Your going to have a wet t-shirt contest at the races, so beware! It would be a pleasure to toast with you on each lap. Cheers mate!

JIMBO said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JIMBO said...

I deleted mine just to make you feel better..
You are correct OH FUZZY ONE...the elevation must be getting to me...thats what I get for quoting a girl roadie without even thinking!!! Mt Evans only reaches 14,264ft...it is 7th in the 54 peaks above 14,000ft here in the CO. I will let you know how far I can get on the bike..
Thanks homie